International Artist Day
25 October 2009 Leave a comment
Apparently today is International Artist Day. My request as an artist on International Artist Day is for a full year of subsidized dedicated studio time. Think someone will grant my wish?
I’m really not one for all these self-declared holidays, but the following list of celebratory suggestions from the Artist Day’s website is worth sharing:
1. Visit a gallery and explain why you’re there.
2. Purchase a piece of art to support an artist.
3. Visit an artist’s studio.
4. Take an artist out to lunch and explore their world.
5. [And the perfunctory] Come up with your own ideas to participate.
I’m figuring on visiting the Art Farm in Marquette, Nebraska this afternoon for their Fall Harvest. Does that count as a gallery? And just for kicks the following is a painting from my dad’s store.
This is one of the better (and more colorful) ones he’s has for sale at the moment in his Milestone Gallery. It’s signed Van Peen.